Junior ‘B’ hockey action returns to the ice at the Glengarry Sports Palace tonight, where the Alexandria Glens will host the Char-Lan Rebels in a modified scrimmage, the first exhibition play of the 2020-12 EOJHL season.
Both clubs have been training independently for more than a month, awaiting the green light for game play. However, current COVID-19 restrictions limit what can be done.
As such, the Glens and Rebels will skate in a non-contact scrimmage, with regular rules and timing applying, in front of a limited number of spectators, all of whom were required to by tickets in advance, online.
General manager Derick Viau tells me that the club was limited to selling 50 tickets. Anyone showing up tonight at the rink without a ticket will not be permitted entry.
Those attending should be aware of the Glens’ spectator safety policy that has been enacted due to COVID-19 protocols.
- Physical distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Please arrive early to accommodate for the check-in procedures that will be in place each game, which include temperature checks and COVID-19 screening questions.
- Non-medical face masks are mandatory for all spectators while attending Glens home games. Masks will be available for purchase at each game.
- Masks must be worn at all times, unless you are seated.
- Please purchase your tickets in advance, online at tickets.alexandriaglens.com to guarantee your entry into the game, and prevent long wait times to enter the arena at check-in. No tickets will be sold at the arena until further notice.
- Members of the same household may sit together; however, members of different households must maintain a 2-metre distance at all times and sit next to a socially-distanced marker.
- Please do not leave your seat during the game unless you are going directly to the washroom or exiting the facility.
- A “No Re-Entry” policy will be in effect throughout each home game.
- All staff, players, and spectators are required to self-screen.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms or feeling unwell, please stay home.
- At the end of the game, fans will be directed to exit the arena at specified intervals. This will be guided by announcements over the PA system and Glens’ ushers to ensure everyone can maintain physical-distancing measures.
- Any fans that are not following the social distancing guidelines will be asked to leave.
- Group gathering on the concourse will not be permitted.
- All aisle seats will be unavailable.
- Standing areas for viewing will not be available.
Tonight’s game will be broadcast online, on the Hockey TV platform, with Liam Arkinson providing play-by-play commentary. Start time is set for 8:15 p.m.