The order for plunging for the brave individuals participating in the 2020 Polar Bear Dip in support of the Glengarry Sports Hall of Fame has been confirmed.
- William Manley & Cameron Poirier
- Cory Hagen & Michel Diotte
- Kyle Lalonde & Johnathon Newton
- Jacob Cameron & Becky Pieterson
- Allison Ducette & Laurie Otter Ducette
- Maggy Hope & Elsie Edwards
- Brooke Lapierre & Ashton MacDonald
- Amanda Hope & Hayley Cholette
- Cathy MacLean & Greyson Hope
- Alan Cameron & Rodney Shepherd
Organizer Rodney Shepherd notes that the event begins promptly at 2 p.m. on Sunday on the frozen Mill Pond at Island Park, in Alexandria.
He adds, “Two things we can’t control on Dip day [are] 1. Mother Nature, 2. Your breathing for 20 seconds after you hit the water.”
As for the Mother Nature part, it looks as if she is giving the participants a helping hand, as the forecast indicates a high of +2 Celsius, with a 40 percent chance of scattered flurries.
To give you a taste of what to expect, here’s a video clip from a few years back.